February 11, 2009

Snowboarding in China - Jundushan review 军都山

Jundushan 军都山 is a small resort about a 45min car ride from Beijing. Sorry no pics cause I didn't have my camera.

1. Intro
I'll give you the lowdown: unless you are a beginner, don't waste your time. This hill is tiny! Only 1 two person chairlift that's like 1/2 the length of Nanshan's.

2. Transport
I went to a night session on a Wednesday night back in Jan with Icon-X. They arranged a van to take us there. Not a long ride.

3. Slope
Tiny, only 1 longish chairlift. Elevation is zero. Lots of beginners. Only 2 realish runs. Park is small with 1 medium jump, 2 rails and a box. I spent all of my in the park and didn't even bother with the chairlift.

4. Base
The locker / cafeteria / rental area is quite new and pleasant. There were even a good number of shops there, unlike in Wanlong which only has 3 shops for such a huge resort.

Cafeteria and food looked decent, but I only got a peek.

4. Lowdown
The one thing that remotely saves this hill is the night skiing / boarding. I think it's the only hill that offers regular night sessions. So if you are dying to ride and you can only get out after work, then be my guest, shitty riding is better than staying at home.

5. Cost
Day pass.........130
Nightski pass......95

No comments: