December 8, 2008

San Diego - Food

The last time I was in the States was about 6 years ago, so I was looking forward to eating some good wholesome (fat) American food and real Mexican food this time around. Here are some pics of the food I had in day 1 & 2:


Ah, the breakfast burrito, a staple of the SoCal morning routine. Scrambled eggs, bacon, fried potato chunks and cheese wrapped in a warm, soft tortilla shell - the perfect start to the day! Don't forget to add the jalapeno hot sauce!


Breakfast was so filling that I didn't need to have lunch. So dinner was at Bamboo Hut - a Hawaiian joint. What's Hawaiian food? Creative sushi rolls, rice and lots of meat. This was pork and garlic rice.


Here's Amy's favorite spam sushi - everything tastes great with spam.


Some kind of fried sushi roll - not bad!


This small joint called El Pescador (means fisherman in Spanish) in La Jolla sells fish caught fresh everyday. I had fresh grilled seabass sandwich and clam chowder soup. The fish was very fresh, making the sandwich nice and light...the best sandwich I've have had in a long time!

I definitely have to visit this place again!

stay tuned for more food posts!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know the name of that "small joint near the beach" because that sandwhich looks and sounds delicious?!

RX said...

Alright sorry i was lazy, the name of the restaurant is El Pescador in La Jolla...i will update my post with the link

Anonymous said...

awesome, thanks!