April 29, 2009

North Face 10km run completed!

First time in a race for me this Saturday, ran the North Face 100 endurance challenge in Changping 昌平. The race was divided into 100km, 40km, 10km (obviously I did the 10km).

I completed the race in about 1 hour which was my rough goal. Here's the route map, the green route is the 10km race (I think this pic expands if you click on it).


For 50RMB I got:
- 2 TNF t-shirts
- 1 TNF cap
- 1 red bag
- 1 snickers bar
- 1 bottle of water during the race which I threw away after 2 gulps.
- beautiful scenery in Chang Ping
- hellish wind (one of the windiest days I've seen in BJ)
- knowledge that my left knee is not very strong
- satisfaction

I just found the 100km winner won in 6:52!!!??? How the hell do you run 100km in mountainous terrain in that time????

No comments: