April 6, 2009

Cycling Route 1 - Cyclosports

Went for a bike ride with Cyclosports on sunday. Every weekend, these guys meet near the south gate of Chaoyang Park to go cycling. For 100 RMB you can rent a proper road bike (super light with many gears) and helmet. If you have your own bike, you can just join for free! Sunday is better for the beginners as the 60km route is flat and therefore easy.


Here's a map of the route we took. The first bit is on the street with many cars but after the first left turn you are into village / river scenery, very nice! I only got halfway before my front tire blew out, I think a pebble got stuck in the tube and caused it to pop. Anyway, was great fun, I felt like I was in a cycling race! Gonna try again, gotta finish this route!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

As the Peloton organizer i urge you: finish the loop: don't let it get the best of you...(-: